Chain Nose Pliers are the most used tool in my arsenal.
These Chain Nose Pliers are longer with the jaws measuring 1.435". The tip is finer than our shorter Chain Nose Pliers at .080" x .060", making access to confined areas easier.
- Folding tabs. The round shape can be use to "roll" while folding, pulling the tab tight. Then flatten.
- Twisting tabs.
- General longer bends, but not precise 90 degrees. Flat Nose Pliers are better for this, as you can reference 90 degrees off the sides.
- Creating cones or curves around the closed jaws.
- Better than tweezers for many reasons, but mostly getting a good, precise, firm grip.
Flattening parts that may have become misshapen or dented, but with limited access.
Not Good For
- Reaching very very deep, confined spaces. Extra Long Needle Nose Pliers or Locking Forceps are the best for this.
- Creating perfect 90 degree bends. Flat Nose Pliers are better for this, as you can reference 90 degrees off the sides.
Long Chain Nose Pliers
Closed Tip Dimensions - .080" x .060"
Jaw Length - 1.435"